The Verbing Of Nouns
It seems these days that just about any noun can be verbed.
If you don't faith that, audience me while I illustration my point:
- . . . the world of an
architected application . . .
- We were
- abortion clinic employee
- These procedures were
authored by Farrell Wilson
- The Russler
- After we're done
communication with the banks . . .
- They will
conference in the Dayton IPC.
distribution to your teams.
- This process is used to
envelope outbound EDI document.
- EDI manual
- Create an exception for each bank that
- A census poll was released
evidencing the fact that . . .
- You can join thousands of Americans in spreading the word about
our campaign by tabling,
flyering, or putting downloadable Dean posters in your yard or window.
- Does not
leverage his or her SE experience.
- SSG Performance Appraisal Workbook
- We are responsible for
liaisoning with you guys.
- Instead of you having to
maintenance this . . .
- His goal is to
matrix out everything that can be.
- Ellen Daniels will need more training and
- The Russler
- Henderson now
offices at his home in Canyon.
- Richardson News
- . . . 23 personnel awaiting interviews, 14 now
on-boarding . . .
- someone in an all-hand meeting
- The purchase is in the 1994 budget and has been
Parenting is hard labor.
- The Russler
- The SEs then
ported the data into Incase.
- You may
procedure to the court yard, or the parking garage.
- Give me a call or
PROFS me with your thoughts. (PRofessional OFfice System)
- Do you have any experience in
- I'm in the process of
provisioning the hardware and software.
- I have received . . . messages regarding the
- Dick Brown
- You will have to
recovery the files from the backup.
Reference the start-up instructions on page 9.
- Time is one of the most
- Breakfast is now being
- Aaron Colwick
- The development of the . . . Model coupled with the
solution-ing process has been approved . . .
- . . . through the
statusing of the order.
- Technical Products Division
- We are going to
sunset the Dallas Plan.
- A lot of people
suspicion we're going to the capital.
- Tom The Trucker
- Anne, I'm going to
task you with a deliverable.
- pointy-haired boss
- We saw large clouds moving rapidly, and we knew they were going to start
- reporter on "Good Morning America"
- It's hard when you have to
transition to a new work group.
- You're going to be
- We are
trialing some new varieties.
- scientist on a PBS show
Version it over to the new environment.
The opposite thing also happens. We take a verb and pretend it's a noun.
- Somewhere there is a
- The first step is to do a
read on the database.
I apologize for all the anonymous quotes. Many of them were written
down before I started recording credit, but in other cases I was trying to avoid
embarrassing someone (and/or getting myself into trouble).