Typoes & Mipsrints
One of my pet peeves is the abuse of the apostrophe. One common infraction is the
use of "it's" as a possessive pronoun. I have also seen "her's" and "their's," so
it is just a matter of time before I see something like,
"John really enjoyed hi's birthday present!"
(See the quote below from Sean_Driscoll.)
Click on the image on the right to see the full-size copy of an ad that appeared in
the Dallas Morning News. Then see if you can spot "it's glaring misprint."
And speaking of cats . . . well, we'll get to that shortly. (Someone would probably write,
"We'll, well get to that.")
|I admit that, especially in English, spelling is confusing.
||There are three ways to spell two
||and three ways to spell four
|Still, it can be entertaining reading other people's miss takes.|
- Abel's mother, Bachi, pasted away yesterday.
- As did out while street.
- Be careful who you [make angry] . . . The're going to be your manager one day.
- Cat's should be inside cats . . .
- someone on social media having trouble with plural's
- Digital Reality Trust announced a joint venture to convert Collins Technology Park into the premier datacenter park in the Southwest
- Richardson News and Information, referring to Digital Realty Trust
- Each of Tandy's new computers will feature a powerful microprocessor, a high-resolution color display, [and] a circuit board that produces compact disk-quality sound through a pair of sneakers. . . .
- press release from Tandy, that sneaky company
- 18. Our procedures and systems are good at prevening errors from happening.
- item on a patient safety survey (to be agreed or disagreed with)
- [Employees should take action that will] greatly reduce the possibility that a fire will
spared throughout the building . . .
- memo on the "fire plan" for an office building
- Event: Legacy Community Partners Volunteer Project
Type: Painting, Scrapping and Minor home repairs
- EDS internal notice which I promptly scrapped
- Extinguish the fire with a nearly fire extinguisher.
- memo on the "fire plan" for an office building
- Flue shots will be available Fri.
- Aaron Colwick, worried about employees who smoke like chimneys
- For instants . . .
- someone on social media
- God has alreaaalreaadyis hand in this matter
- I am really where the month has gone.
- Sherry Adams, who accidently a word out
- I fell on the ice and fractured my humorous.
- Sherry Adams, whose letters still are anyway
- I'm on-call until Monday 26, 2003.
- Deborah_Dawson, right after returning from the Fourth of Holiday
- If you are a serious guitar player and you want reliable, good sounding guitar I would look else ware.
- on-line reviewer
- If you're looking for a laugh, then wonder on over to the Rejected Hallmark Card section!
- FunForwards.com Newsletter, which makes me wander
- In case you did not here, the status reports are due.
- Don_Blasingame in an E-mail, in case you somewhere elsed
- Inspector Morse. Repeat run of three crime dramas starring John Thaw as the Oxford police inspector. A private hospital is found murdered in his car.
- Essex County Standard, obviously reporting fiction
- Intergrated Project Management / Plano Solution Centre
- professionally printed bursiness card
- looking for someome selling a booster seat or car seat for my 4 year old in god condition.
- social mediast
- . . . makes building a trading partner network as simple as can it can be.
- SeeBeyond website, which I read care with care
- New employees should be talked with with within one month of joining the team.
- Ron_Ron_Ronald_Christiansen in an E-mail
- Not to be out of the loop, I donned my costume of John's old smoking jacket, black
fur hat, black slacks and goofy jewelry and Harry Potter specs--and viola
I was Natasha the Nutty Russian Spy.
- Gloria_Black, stringing us along
- Object-oriented technology is moving from the drawing broad to the product stage.
- Martin Garvey in Information Week, working with female illustrators
- Peter is not feeling well. Iím sorry he will not be able to call me to piano today.
- music student's mom, relying on auto-correct
- Please Goggle or use the included links.
- Guardians of the Free Republics,
encouraging the use of safety glasses while performing an internet search
- Shop till you drip in New York City!
- sweepstakes notice from the hot, humid Big Apple
- Sir, what is the secrete of your success?
- someone getting advice from a man oozing with talent
- Smell's like kerosene.
- SER's boss, on an unusable skid of boxes
- Something's are starting to open up . . .
- some bodies some wheres
- Speak now or forever hold your piece.
- Johnna_Flanner, encouraging me to use my handgun
- Speaker Dr. Gerrard Hale will speak about what Dyslexia is and how to recognize it and why you would find dyslexics assessets to your business.
- printed program by an Adult Dyslexia organizatoin
- STORM THURMOND LAKE
- label on a map in "Georgia History" by Bonnie London
- Thank you for . . . loving me despote my faults.
- The Russler
- Thanks Russ this helps allot.
- Lisa_Wicks, learning to share
- The city of Richardson gave me an Ariel picture of my house
from two winters ago.
- a "Little Mermaid" fan on social media
- The likely hood . . . is unlikely . . .
- unnamed BankTec thug, who is or isn't
- the only thing that I am concerned with . . . is weather you receive it and can process it in the manor in which we send it to Houston.
- unnamed Hewlett Packard employee with a sunny disposition and a nice home
- think goodness for spell check
- Unfortunately, many of the fireworks miss fire . . .
- Chris_Nichol, who misses other things
- We feel extremely comfortable with out road map.
- Infobeat News, misquoting Ed Zander, who said "with our road map."
- . . . we've set our sites on all of you live sound and DJ enthusiasts.
- zZounds Music newsletter
- What a waist!
- Dan's coworker in a E-mail about a poor service provider,
provoking responses such as "Don't cut him any slacks!" and
"Perhaps his commissions should be suspendered?"
- Working together at wining souls.
- E-mail subject line
- You did everything that was asked of you without compliant.
- Trudy_White, trying to compilment her underlings
Here is the dashboard parking permit I received when visiting Seven Falls in Colorado Springs.
Notice the swapping of "YOU" and "YOUR." If your get to go there, mine hope you trip is as
good as I was.
I figured it was inevitable. Ever since I heard of Plano, Texas, I guessed that those people
who use a "single stick" for the letter L when otherwise printing in all caps, would lead
others to believe there is a city named Piano, Texas. Well, here is an excerpt from a store
locator found on-line. (Notice that in addition to a "Piano Store," they also have a "Six
Fiags Store." I'm surprised that isn't located in the city of
A certain memo service uses a human operator to type a message dictated via a telephone call.
One caller dictated the message, "Please send XYZ report to John Doe at EDS-dot-com."
The operator typed the following: "Please send xyz report to email@example.com."