- The singer who recorded the crossover hit "Rose Garden" is the writer of
the country music standard "Even Cowboys Get the Blues". She was born in
- The jazz singer who recorded "He's A Tramp" for the soundtrack of "Lady
And The Tramp" toured with Benny Goodman. She was born in Jamestown.
Professor Peter Schickele
- The versatile musician who "discovered" the music of P. D. Q. Bach was
one of the composers for the rock musical "Oh, Calcutta!" He was bassoonist
with the Fargo Symphony.
- The guy who played Hutch to Paul Michael Glaser's Starsky
had a big hit named "Don't Give Up On Us Baby."
He got his start at the Medora Musical.
- The other deejay (besides Casey Kasem) who hosted American Top 40 was a
regular on the TV series "Dave." He is also from Jamestown.
- The pop singer who begged "Take Good Care Of My Baby" got his big break
when he was booked as the replacement after Buddy Holly's plane went down.
He was born and raised in Fargo.
- The "champagne music" bandleader famous for "ah-one and ah-two" had six
Top 40 hits. He was born in Strasburg.
to POP QUIZZES