H / P / X
Greek letters that look like letters in the Roman alphabet
(the one English uses) but have a completely different sound.
- The letters shown in blue
do not look like any of ours.
- The letters shown in purple
sound very similar to the way they sometimes do in English.
- The letters shown in red
are the "false cognates."
- H: Eta is pronounced sort of like long A.
- P: Rho is pronounced like R.
- X: Chi is pronounced like Scottish or German CH.
(Think Loch Ness or J. S. Bach.)
Lien À Trois