By taking one week each year and following this simple plan, you can visit all the national parks in just 22 years! During each of the first thirteen trips, you will visit three parks. (Four on the year you go to Colorado.) On Day One you can fly to a (parenthetically suggested) nearby city and on Day Seven you can fly home. On Day Three and Day Five you can travel between the parks. The remaining ten years only have two parks per trip, because they are not as easily grouped geographically.
- Yosemite / Sequoia / Kings Canyon
- Glacier / Yellowstone / Grand Teton
- Great Basin / Zion / Bryce Canyon
(Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Grand Canyon / Petrified Forest / Saguaro
- Carlsbad Caverns / Guadalupe Mountains / Big Bend
(El Paso, Texas)
- Capitol Reef / Canyonlands / Arches
(Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Rocky Mountain / Black Canyon Of The Gunnison / Mesa Verde / Great Sand Dunes
(Grand Junction, Colorado)
- Olympic / Mt Ranier / North Cascades
- Theodore Roosevelt / Wind Cave / Badlands
(Rapid City, South Dakota)
- Crater Lake / Redwood / Lassen Volcanic
- Channel Islands / Joshua Tree / Death Valley
(Los Angeles, California)
- Hot Springs / Great Smoky Mountains / Congaree
- Everglades / Biscayne / Dry Tortugas
- Haleakala / Hawaii Volcanoes
- Kenai Fjords / Denali
- Voyageurs / Isle Royale
- Wrangell - St Elias / Glacier Bay
(Anchorage, Alaska; then take day cruises)
- Mammoth Cave / Shenandoah
(Charleston, West Virginia)
- Katmai / Lake Clark
(Anchorage, Alaska; then hire a bush pilot)
- Cuyohoga Valley / Acadia
(New York City or somewhere else in between them)
- Kobuk Valley / Gates Of The Arctic
(Nome, Alaska; then hire a bush pilot)
- American Samoa / Virgin Islands
(Pago Pago, American Samoa / Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islands)
See the "Map of the Parks"!
See the "Ode to the Parks"!
See the "Quiz on the Parks"!
See the "Mythical Parks"!