The following listing is written using a simple letter substitution cipher,
known as a cryptogram. For example, the title of this puzzle is a cryptogram for the word "CRYPTOGRAM", where "R" stands for "C", "E" stands for "R", "V" stands for "Y", and so on. A different scheme is used for the list than the one used for the title, but the same scheme is used for the entire list. At the bottom there are SEVEN hints; if you get stumped, try using one hint at a time. The decrypted listing is a summary of the effects of one of the SEVENs in Revelation. Which one?
- S USHBVGSGF READ
- RDS CDOSUD CHEEP
- ABKDAR CDOSUD CHEEP
- RLG ROEAOXDP UDG
- TBGVPEU CDOSUD PSAT
- LGOHDSG RWBABFR
- S HELP KEBOD
- The letters that appear SEVEN times are "C", "N", and "S".
- There are two plural words in the listing.
- The one-letter word (which appears twice) is not "I".
- Although "T" is very common in English, there are only two in the answer.
- The most common letters in the deciphered list will be "E" and "A".
- The word "BLOOD" appears twice in the answer.
- The most common word in the solution is "BECAME".