- Building On The Varied Experiences Of All Class Members
- Exercises To Gain Familiarity And Increase Comfort Level
- A Minimum Of Homework Each Week
- Relating Of Theory To Keyboard And Guitar
- Ear Training For Recognition Of The Various Forms
- Topics Covered
- Note Reading
- Sharps, Flats, Naturals
- Treble, Alto, Tenor & Bass
- Time Signatures
- Key Signatures
- Dynamic Markings
- Tempo Markings
- Major, Minor (Natural, Melodic, Harmonic), Whole Tone
- Triads, Sevenths, "Tall Chords"
- Passing Tones, Suspensions, Anticipations, Neighbors
- General Information
- There is no minimum class size, but the learning experience is
enhanced by multiple participants. (So bring a friend!)
- Some students may be added after a class in underway, depending
upon their prior exposure to the basic material.
- Class length is one hour, meeting once a week. For adult students,
we accomodate work schedules.
- Duration varies according to the pace of a given group and the
depth they wish to explore.
- Fee is $60 per month per student.
- All supplies are provided by Allegro Music Academy.